Work With Us
Since 1999 Germanicos has been creating beautiful handmade bespoke suits for Australia's elite.
Our talented craftsman and loyal staff are our greatest asset. With their passion and skills for producing the highest quality bespoke suits, it becomes a way of life. It’s that way of life that Germanicos embarks on its journey together with its people, to ingrain these traits for a lasting legacy and fine craftsmanship.
We seek passionate individuals who are motivated with what they do, to join our mission and contribute to our journey and vision of becoming the world tailor.
Our selection process aims to find the perfect candidate who best fits within our team culture and who will excel at the available position.
Germanicos is currently hiring:
Alteration Tailor in Melbourne
Skills and experience
- 10+ Years’ experience in men’s suits alteration
- Industrial sewing machine use
- Hand stitching and finishing
- Industrial ironing/press machine use
- Pattern making and adjusting pattern abilities as well as constructing a suit from scratch
- Ability to perform fittings with clients and identify areas that need adjusting on each garment at fittings.
- Basic computer skills necessary to report on each job to enable pattern update from the pattern makers.
- Impeccable organisational & time management skills of workflow and getting the desired result complete on time.
- Ability to be highly autonomous and self-manage
- Ability to work under pressure to meet a deadline
- Confident decision maker, methodical and accurate with a good eye for detail
- Strong sense of high-end fashion
- Appreciation and passion for high-end goods
- Work in conjunction with our stylists & designers around Australia.
Remuneration: An attractive package will be on offer for the right candidate.
Please note: due to the high number of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Couldn't find a position ? Leave us your details for future reference.
Please submit your information and CV, we will be in touch with you.